[Asterisk-Users] Help with GPL license of Asterisk

Thorsten Lockert tholo at sigmasoft.com
Mon Sep 29 07:12:36 MST 2003

Uh.  This is *not* how the GPL works.  The GPL clearly states that anything
you write that links with GPL will be covered by GPL, and thus if you
release
it in binary form you are also obliged to release it in source form.  The
same goes for modules for Asterisk (unless you have a non-GPL license for
it).

To achieve the kind of scenario you describe you'd need a BSDD license, or
something close to that.

Thorsten