[Asterisk-Users] Netopia SDSL modem w/ IAX2 calls...

d.redmore at att.net d.redmore at att.net
Mon Sep 29 01:11:02 MST 2003

Has anybody experienced problems with a DSL modem stopping all other traffic
when an IAX channel opens up?  I've really traced this thing out as best I can
- it isn't a lack of bandwidth on the DSL connection (I've had three
concurrent Ulaw calls coming in at once with no problems), nor a problem
within the network (other intranetwork traffic isn't affected by the call) -
the SDSL modem just stops sending/recieving all other trraffic when I get a
call via IAX - this includes web traffic, UDP packets for the for VPN, ftp,
etc...  SDSL modem is a Netopia R7100-C.  Anyone ever seen or heard of
anything like this??? Thanks for your patience with me, I'm doing a ton of
googling and testing but I can't seem to get any answers...

thanks,

dave redmore