[Asterisk-Users] Re: asterisk-u] Google newsgroup or Forum setup.

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sun Sep 28 15:38:52 MST 2003

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, costas  wrote:

> I think back in the startup days mailing lists did the job but, given the advances that have been made to bbs software it would beehove using them.

... of course your web based email client has chosed to
disregard linewrapping ...

> Here is some issues with emails that bbs software solve.
>
> 0) You need email software. Why clutter everyones email
> boxes with thousands of messages.

What you are describing is push, vs pull access to content.

I would rather have potentially interesting new content to
appear in my unified message interface, duly stripped of
malicious content (think i-frame exploit in a post forever
trapped in a web archive) with full management capability,
rather than losing a 'bookmark'.

Also, incrementally compiling an archive of messages for
review and search is one; offline mail reading (when
travelling or on a bech); not having to keep a metered
internet connection live.

-- Russ Herrold