[Asterisk-Users] TE410P timing and multiple, different spans

Ryan Tucker rtucker at netacc.net
Sun Sep 28 13:58:34 MST 2003

Greetings...

I have a TE410P with four T1's going into it.  Things look roughly like
this:

#1	Goes to PBX -- we're responsible for timing
#2	E&M span to telco 1
#3	PRI span to telco 1
#4	PRI span to telco 2

If I set primary sync source to span 2, users report strange echo,
distortion, and crosstalk problems, which sound remarkably like frame
slippage on spans 3 and 4.  If I set it to use #3 as primary, the other
spans report problems, etc.  Generally, it seems like the clocks just
aren't quite close enough to make things work right all of the time.  I
don't forsee either involved telco doing anything at all about this.

Is there any way to see if there is some sort of weird timing problem?
Even better, is there a way to get things to work right on the TE410P?

Thanks :-)  -rt

--
Ryan Tucker
Network Engineer