[Asterisk-Users] Installation counter

wasim at convergence.com.pk wasim at convergence.com.pk
Sat Sep 27 19:19:58 MST 2003

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003, Paul Crick wrote:

> I've seen the question asked a few times already, along the lines of "Who's
> really using Asterisk out there, and what for?" or "Would Asterisk be right
> for me?" etc.

in recently history there was an attempt by someone (insert
short-term-memory-loss-clause here) who did a survey on asterisk users and
compiled the results, check the archives

i'm sure the community would be very keen to see a small script that's
part of * src doing something similar to gentoo-stats

	what processor, kernel, RAM etc
	what zaptel boards are configured
	what voip channels used iax, sip, h.323, skinny etc
	what services registered to (nufone, iaxtel, vonage blah)

etc... of course there may be a better way to do all this...

- wasim