[Asterisk-Users] how stable is dynextendb

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sat Sep 27 18:16:38 MST 2003

>> I'm looking for a way to manage large dial plans.
>>
>> Blitz on IRC mentioned  DynExtenDB
>>
>> I'm wondering how stable it is since its not been
>> updated since 2002-12-15
>>

>> Any other ideas ??
>> I want to have my dial plan in a SQL database
>

> I actually just stumbled upon this today, and looks very interesting
> and useful.  Is anyone actually using this to do what John is looking
> to do?

IMHO, DynExtenDB is the absolute wrong way to deal with Extensions from
a database.    Have you actually looked in the asterisk source tree?
See retrieve_extensions_from_mysql.pl. Granted it is not perfect or
quite how I would do it, but it does get the job done without any craziness.

Jeremy McNamara