[Asterisk-Users] Creating a SIP gateway for use behind NAT

Leif Madsen leif at radiokaos.com
Sat Sep 27 15:09:46 MST 2003

OK.. lets just simplify this a bit.

<remote> <--TDM400P--> <*> <--IAX--> <*> <--SIP--> <remote>

I want to make a call from the very left asterisk box, through the right
asterisk box to the remote end.  So I have a phone plugged into the left
* box, which is connected via an IAX connection to the right * box,
which then places the call for me over SIP.  I figure this should allow
me to traverse NAT if the right * box is also on the GW machine (which I
know works with SIP as it's just a firewall issue, and not NAT, which is
simple).

So, if someone can help explain how I can make a call from the left *
box, through the right * box to the remote SIP connection, I'd be very
grateful!  I also promise to document anything and post it to the list
for archival purposes, and on a website for an online reference.

Thanks in advance,
Leif Madsen.