[Asterisk-Users] IAX and NAT

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Sat Sep 27 03:43:31 MST 2003

VoIP protocols normally use 2 connection:
* 1 for control (eg on port 5060 for sip)
* 1 for the RTP (media stream)
The latter hasn't a fixed port, since is negotiated
by the control connection. That could cause some troubles
with NAT & firewalls.

IAX doesn't use 2 ports, but only one .
So on the same port it brings the control connection &
the RTP stream. So NATting IAX isn't a problem

Matteo.

--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia - Emmegi Srl