[Asterisk-Users] '.' pattern and non-SIP phones

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Sep 26 07:21:35 MST 2003

> *8 is call pickup.  Can you choose a different extension?  If not, I'm
> going to have to make call pickup not be checked if you don't have a
> pickup/ring group.

As I explained on IRC, I do not think this is interfering.

I am currently using *1, *2, *3, *6, and *7 without issue.

If I move this to *1 (which jumps to the demo right now), I have the same
problem.  I move it to "plain old" 8 and it has the same issue.

Offhand, can these builtin * codes be eliminated?  I am using "straight
dialling" (no 9 or any other prefix for a normal call) and would like to
use *-codes for the special stuff.

Regards,
Andrew