[Asterisk-Users] RTP routing..

Low, Adam ALow at Prioritytelecom.com
Fri Sep 26 03:59:05 MST 2003

WipeOut,

Well will you really run out of bandwidth ?

Would that be due to other (normal Internet traffic) traffic or would it all be RTP traffic, I ask because maybe some kind of priority queuing might be more effective ...

It's a good question, the source and destination address/port of RTP packets is negotiated with SIP and I strongly suspect that Asterisk will only ever provide the primary address of an interface as the source (although this maybe be adjustable with bindaddr config option).

I've just built a new Asterisk box so am going to try this out myself ... Will let you know ...

Rgds, Adam