[Asterisk-Users] RTP routing..

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 02:36:16 MST 2003

Here is a question for all you routing guru's out there..

I am using an ADSL line (512/256Kbps) to connect from the internet to my
Asterisk server.. At a point I will run out of bandwidth so the cheapest
option would be to add a second ADSL line..

The problem is how will the routing work?

If I put 2 IP's on one NIC will the return traffice be routed back via
the gatway of the IP that is was recieved on or will it try and route
all outbound traffic via the primary IP's gateway??

Would it be better to add 2 NICs instead of 2 IP's on one NIC?? although
I don't see that this would change the routing logic..

Has anyone played with this type of setup?

later..