[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

paul at freestylenetworks.com paul at freestylenetworks.com
Thu Sep 25 13:34:56 MST 2003

Hello,

Can Asterisk perform as a H323 Gatekeeper?

Here is my scenario:
I have a customer that has a calling card program that will be
transmitted as VOIP from a Cisco 5300 in Hong Kong and terminated here
in North America. The catch is that, the termination is being handled
by a third party company and we still need be the 'buffer' in which we
pass the VOIP traffic to the third-parties gateway. We need to do this
so that we can still remain 'the middle man' without our customer
going directly to the third party company.

 My question is:

Can Asterisk simply route h323 VOIP traffic from Honk Kong to another
VOIP gateway? In essense Asterisk would do no termination, only route
the IP packets to a SINGLE IP address.
Hope that made sense.

Paul Seniuk
Freestyle Networks