[Asterisk-Users] G729 experiences..

Matthew Hardeman mhast at papersoft.com
Thu Sep 25 13:27:11 MST 2003

It's ok...  The voice sounds fine.  It's superior to most cell phone
calls, anyway.

I've used it with the Cisco 7960's without any trouble.

You can use asterisk in any way that uses it in console mode.  Safe
asterisk does so, so you can use it.  This may be otherwise fixed, but
I'm not sure.  As safe asterisk works, I don't worry about it.

Voicemail will use one license for each output stream it has to
transcode.  Therefore, it is preferable if you are using G729 to only
write out one format of voicemail recording.  I use WAV49, which is
small like GSM, but easier to play on default windows installs with any
kind of decent media player installed.  It *does* properly release the
license when done.  (At least now, on my system, it does.)

Matt Hardeman
PaperSoft