[Asterisk-Users] SIP / GrandStream Configuration

Michael Koehler koehler at nikotel.com
Thu Sep 25 12:41:24 MST 2003

It is not a feature of the router, it is the way SIP is handled with
nikotel.com

I recently wrote that i'm using just a plain router with my natted
asterisk because "Stephen Varga" wrote that SIP behind
NAT (in relation to asterisk) is impossible. It is possible because i'm
using asterisk this way.

There is also nothing special to setup with the router for nikotel and
NAT, except you have a firewall and need
straight rules, then you may use port forwarding.

Michael