[Asterisk-Users] E1 in Brazil

Osvaldo Mundim Junior osvaldo at ilinksolutions.com
Thu Sep 25 06:15:52 MST 2003

Hey all!

I had an experience trying to set up an E1 in Brazil which could help
somebody. In Brazil is very common telcos to have just R2 digital as their
primary signaling. As I were trying to set up an E100P, which does not
support R2 yet, I had to test an other signaling which works perfectly with
Asterisk.

They call this signaling as RDSI, using ccs as framing and PA (primary
access) as coding. This RDSI are 30 channels completely digital which uses
128k per channel (2Mb).

The zaptel.conf and zapata.conf to work with this are:

# Zaptel
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15
dchan=16