[Asterisk-Users] Check and restart script..

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Sep 25 05:39:15 MST 2003

> I'm assuming you are doing something like
> ps axuwww|grep asterisk
> If you use a character class on the command line, the command line won't
> show up, but what your searching for will, ie.
> ps axuwww|grep [a]sterisk

That, and any reason to make ps to all that extra work?

ps x | grep [a]sterisk if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then restart_asterisk ; fi

I still feel that some kind of heartbeat check on asterisk itself would be
best...  Does anything like that exist now?  Something that an external
process can check with asterisk and verify that all FXS/FXO/IAX2?/SIP/H323
processess are running normally?

Regards,
Andrew