[Asterisk-Users] echo for 15 seconds

Shaun Ewing asterisk at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Wed Sep 24 18:56:04 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Chad R. Graham

>For the first 15 seconds of a call I get echo on the ata 186 side only.  I
>assume after that the echo canceller kicks in but is there any way to make
it
>happen faster?

Same thing here - except we're using Cisco 7960 and 7940 IP phones.

We're getting used to it, the main thing is that the remote caller doesn't
hear it (which they don't). A person visiting our office and using the phone
may get a bit of a surprise though.

Incoming calls it's not an issue, as the caller would have already gone
through the IVR/auto attendant and presumably the echo cancellation has
already kicked in before reaching the operator.

A related question for those reading this post - is echo cancellation an
issue with ISDN? I've thought of converting the POTS lines to a couple of
BRI lines - but if echo is still a problem then I'll leave it until we
actually need the extra lines.

-Shaun