[Asterisk-Users] Undocumented variables in chan_sip.c

Adam Roach adam at dynamicsoft.com
Wed Sep 24 11:38:26 MST 2003

I haven't actually read the code involved, but my *guess* would
be that setting "srvlookup" to "yes" means that the NAPTR/SRV
lookup procedure described in RFC 3263 is used to turn SIP
hostnames into an IP addresses. It's also possible that it means
that Asterisk will use the older, deprecated procedure from
RFC 2543 (which uses just SRV records without looking NAPTR
records first).

/a