[Asterisk-Users] Segmentation Fault on reload (gdb output included)

Patrick idefix at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 24 07:00:49 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 15:41, jerk face wrote:
> Ok, here is the real gdb output.
>
> This GDB was configured as
> "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
> Core was generated by `asterisk'.
>
> Loaded symbols for
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/cdr_csv.so
> Reading symbols from
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_setcidnum.so...done.
> Loaded symbols for
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_setcidnum.so
> #0  0x401519fc in mallopt () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
>
> Ok .. so what does this mean?
>
> Thank you in advance.

I started experiencing segfaults a while back too. Both after a reload
and during startup when loading res_adsi.so. What fixed it for me was
changing -O6 in all Makefiles to -O2. I'm using Red Hat 9 and it has
been said that Red Hat does some funky stuff with their gcc so that may
be causing it to segfault when compiled with -O6.

Regards,
Patrick