[Asterisk-Users] Does SIP work?

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Wed Sep 24 04:17:22 MST 2003

Tais M. Hansen schrieb:

>Now that I've been unable to register 2 hardware SIP phones and one software
>(Kphone), I'm beginning to doubt that chan_sip works at all.

Hi,

we have 2 snom phones running with sip. (Asterisk-0.5.0).
The sip part seems to be very stable.

We have currently some problems with chan_modem (i4l).
We are going to replace the isdn card by a avm one in order
to use chan_capi. According to a lot of reports within this
mailing list, we'll get rid of our remaining asterisk problems
doing this.

But chan_sip is very reliable in our environment.

Roger.