[Asterisk-Users] Segmentation Fault on reload (gdb output included)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Sep 23 11:49:51 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 12:04, jerk face wrote:
> I keep getting segmentation faults when I do a reload.
>
> Here are the core file outputs from gdb:
> (I have three of them and they produce the same
> output)
>
> (gdb) core core.6044

you need to run gdb like follows
gdb core.6044 `which asterisk`

This lets gdb load the asterisk binary with all the symbols in it to
understand the core file. Then if you could issue the command 'bt'
inside of gdb it will give a nice listing of functions called to get to
the point the crash happened.