[Asterisk-Users] dialing codes..( You can help! )

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 09:35:41 MST 2003

> I am trying to setup some LCR functions on my Asterisk box and have a
cheap call provider that uses various different numbers for landlines and
cell phone numbers in various countrys..

> I am finding it difficult to find the various codes..
>
> eg.
> UK Landline - +44[12].
> UK Cell - +44[7].

You have to be careful to be sure exactly what you are trying to obtain, the
UK for example is:

441,442 - Geographic numbering
443,444 - not in use
44500 - Freephone
445<other> - 'multimedia/corporate' numbering, not much in use.
446 - not in use
4470 - UK personal 'follow me' numbering
4476 - UK Paging
4477/78/79 - UK Mobile
44800,44808 - Freephone
448 - Other, general non-geographic numbering, often used for company main
numbering, eg. 0870
449 - UK Premium rate

However, this doesnt necessarily tie in with what your carrier(s) will be
charging or routing on.