[Asterisk-Users] Advantage of Cisco 7960 with 5.x firmware?

Jamie Neil jamie at versado.net
Tue Sep 23 08:33:39 MST 2003

Peter Pauly wrote:

> I'm currently running firmware version 3.2 on my
> Cisco 7960. I've seen on the list that several
> people are running the 5.x latest versions.
>
> I've avoided going to higher firmware versions
> because I'm worried about potential problems
> or issues with the encryption mechanism used
> in the later firmware versions. (Once you
> go to an encrypted firmware version, you can't
> go back, right?)
>
> For those of you who have gone to the newer
> firmware, what features or benefits have
> you seen by going with the newer firmware?

I'm in the same boat - running 4.4 which is the last release before the
signed code.

Nobody I've asked has mentioned any bugs that are not present in the pre
5 code, but then again there don't seem to be any advantages either.

I would be interested to hear if there were some useful new features in 5.x.

--
Jamie Neil | <jamie at versado.net> | 0870 7777 454
Versado I.T. Services Ltd. | http://versado.net/ | 0845 450 1254