[Asterisk-Users] Recommended OS

Sean Figgins sfiggins at mail.celicas.org
Tue Sep 23 07:12:55 MST 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Michael A. Miller wrote:

> Is there a recommended OS that Asterisk should be used with? I have been
> trying to get Asterisk running on Red Hat 9.0 with little success.

I have * running on Redhat 9.0.  It seems to work fine with SIP and my
Cisco 7960 phones running 5.x firmware.  I have been having a very
difficult time getting h.323 to work so I can connect to a remote Cisco
Callmanager, though.  Specifically, I don't seem to get h.323 to compile
correctly.

I woudl prefer to use FreeBSD, and there was some talk a couple weeks ago
about getting * ported for use there.  I haven't seen an update for a
while, though.

-Sean