[Asterisk-Users] Recommended OS

Michael A. Miller Michael.Miller at cedillas.com
Tue Sep 23 03:39:26 MST 2003

Thanks for the tip on HTML.

I will quickly admit that my background is mostly Microsoft. I do realize
that Linux, as general group, is considered the OS. However, from a Linux
newbie's point of view, I believe that there is danger in thinking that all
flavors are the same OS. Other than the generalized tools, most drivers and
such are specific to the company that released that version as well as the
hardware. Again, this is from my limited experience with Linux at this point
in time.

I have gotten Asterisk to work. It was a knowledge issue on my end. My main
issue is getting a Netjet ISDN and voice modem installed correctly. Both of
which I am having issues with the drivers at the OS level and have not
attempted any use with Asterisk at this point. If someone has experience
with a Netjet install under RH9 or Lucent/Agere linmodem, I would sincerely
appreciate a bit of help.

Thanks for the tips! I promise to start getting the nomenclature correct as
I learn. I the mean time, I do appreciate the patients and guidance.

Regards,

Michael