[Asterisk-Users] G.729A + Cisco AS5300

Chee Foong cheefoong at inovas.com
Mon Sep 22 00:10:58 MST 2003

Hello,

I have 5 digium's g.729 codecs and succesfully register with asterisk, I have incomming call  from my cisco AS5300 to Asterisk through IP. But Asterisk always use g711 ulaw instead of g.729. When I disable all other codecs other than g.729 in both cisco and asterisk, calls get dropped once connected.

The codec list show on my cisco AS5300 for g.729 are:
g729r8
g729br8

I suspect that digium's g.729 is not compatible with these codec found on cisco AS5300. Am I correct?

Any advice will be helpful

Foong