[Asterisk-Users] outgoing limit in chan_sip not working as described

Andres andres at telesip.net
Sun Sep 21 15:40:48 MST 2003

Hi,

I just tried to test this feature with fwd.  I defined an incoming and
outgoing limit of 1.   The following comand verifies it:

*CLI> sip show inuse
Username        incoming        Limit           outgoing        Limit
fwd             0               1               0               1
1010            0               N/A             0               1

I then place a call from 1010 to fwd:

    -- Executing Goto("SIP/1010-7cbd", "fwd1|BYEXTENSION|1") in new stack
    -- Goto (fwd1,22357,1)
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/1010-7cbd", "SIP/22357 at fwd") in new stack
    -- Called 22357 at fwd
    -- SIP/fwd-6c65 is making progress passing it to SIP/1010-7cbd
    -- SIP/fwd-6c65 answered SIP/1010-7cbd
    -- Attempting native bridge of SIP/1010-7cbd and SIP/fwd-6c65

...and the call connects fine...but the channel limit does not show(and does
not work either since I can place multiple concurrent calls):

*CLI> sip show inuse
Username        incoming        Limit           outgoing        Limit
fwd             0               1               0               1
1010            1               N/A             0               1

If I call a local phone it does seem to work fine.

With DEBUG on it mentions something about the dialed number not being
local...not sure if it is related to the problem though:
DEBUG[12301]: File chan_sip.c, Line 942 (find_user): 22357 is not a local user

Any ideas?  Patrick?

Thanks,
Andres