[Asterisk-Users] iptables rules that work?

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Sun Sep 21 01:05:18 MST 2003

> I'm trying to get some iptables rules that work with asterisk but for some
> reason I keep blocking everything and or locking myself out of the box..
> mybad.... does anyone have any configs they would like to share that allow
> asterisk and ssh from x ip?

This is what I use for Asterisk form my iptables file.. (mine is open to all IP's so if you need ti limit it down you will have to add -s to it)

# SIP
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 5060 -j ACCEPT
# IAX2
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 4569 -j ACCEPT
# IAX
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 5036 -j ACCEPT
# RTP
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 10000:20000 -j ACCEPT
# SSH
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

Hope that helps, If you see somthing I have left out that would help with my security let me know..

Later..