[Asterisk-Users] False RING (incoming call) on Digium X101P FXO

Steve Haehnichen s-asterisk at trix.com
Sat Sep 20 19:02:50 MST 2003

-=> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:51:06 -0500 (CDT), Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com> said:

> Try increasing "PEGCOUNT" in wcfxo.c.  You'll have to do a "make
> install" in zaptel, unload, and reload wcfxo:

Thanks for the fix!  I set PEGCOUNT to 10 and did a few successful
tests without false rings -- looks good.

I was motivated to hook an o'scope up to the POTS line and see what
the ring looks like.

I was surprised to see that it's 240 volts (peak-to-peak)!  Egad.. no
wonder it shocks fingertips.

20Hz (50ms cycle), 2 second long clean sine waveform.  I was just
surprised to see twice as much voltage as expected.

-Steve