[Asterisk-Users] built in dial functions?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Sep 19 16:12:47 MST 2003

Someone recently posted the following list as functions built into *

*0#  sends flash
*8#  remote call pickup (pickup phone in your group)
*67# disable caller id
*70# no call waiting
*78# do not disturb on
*79# do not disturb off
*72# enable call forwarding
*73# disable call forwarding
*82# enable callerid

I'm running a CVS from a couple of weeks ago with multiple C7960's,
snom 200, ata186, links to fwd and iaxtel, two x100p incoming fx
lines, MoH, etc. Everything attempted to date is now working fine.

However, testing the above list tends to suggest they don't work (or
at least they don't work as I would expect them to.)

Example, from a C7960 I dial *78# and hang up. From another sip phone
I Dial that extenstion and the 7960 rings. I expected the call to roll
over to voicemail or something. Am I missing something here, or are
these functions not expected to work on a per-extension basis?

I was assuming (probably incorrectly) these functions were custom
calling features implemented within * for all extensions. Are my
assumptions wrong or do I have to implement something for these to
work?

TIA,
Rich