[Asterisk-Users] Interface with PBX

Troy Settle troy at psknet.com
Fri Sep 19 13:00:13 MST 2003

I'm doing the following to integrate * and a Partner ACS using an 8x16
Zhone channelbank.

Channel 1-4  => FXS (extensions) on Partner
Chanenl 5-8  => POTS/PSTN
Channel 9-16 => FXO (CO lines) on Partner

This setup is working pretty well, except for a few issues with call
supervision on the Zhone.

Incoming calls are answered by *, then placed into a call queue that
will ring into the pooled lines on the Partner system.

If the caller dials an extension, * dials via one of the extensions
(channel 1-4).  This works well, except that it sees the line as
answered immediately.  If I turn on callprogress, it never sees the line
answered, even when it is.

For outbound, calls are routed to a 2nd * server in another location.
Eventually, my inbound calls will come from the second server as well.

Eventually, I'll likely drop the partner system and wire everyone
directly to the Zhone (almost everyone uses cordless phones anyways).

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks