[Asterisk-Users] Dial out from script. Mini predictive dialer

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Sep 19 09:34:12 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 10:58, Dante Alzamora wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I need some pointers (ideas or help) to build a solution to retrieve
> recordings out of an IVR.
>
> The program needs to do some predictive dialing functions I only need it to:
>
> 1) Be able on it's own to make a call (to the same number inside this
> script).
> 2) Detect that the call has been answered and that it has finished.
>
> I need some sort of AGI but it needs to run on it's own, i.e. with no one
> calling the *.
> It will dial a number, send some DTMF's digits, record the output & then
> detect that it
> has finished or hang up.

AGI itself is a call per call application interface.

What you probably want to do is work on an application that communicates
via the manager interface. You can initiate calls, see how many calls
are in progress, collect stats on those calls, and run as a separate
function outside of asterisk.

Check the archives for information on perl modules to interface via the
manager ports.