[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk automatically initiate a call?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Sep 19 09:27:58 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 10:53, Scott Stingel wrote:
> Mark-
>
> Yes, you can create a shell script that dumps a text file into
> /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing.
>
> Use the prototype found in /usr/src/asterisk/sample.call
>
> Name the file "N.call" or something similar, where N is the channel number.
> Create an outgoing context in your extensions.conf file to do what you want.

Just to clarify, the name is not important. In fact the last paragraph
is very Zap centric as the voip protocols do not have channel numbers.

The point I think Scott tried to make though was that the file should
have a unique name to it. If it isn't unique and you dump 2 files in
before asterisk picks it up, you will loose one of them.