[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Source?

PJ Welsh pj at cassens.com
Thu Sep 18 15:22:20 MST 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 06:09:27PM -0400, Steve Creel wrote:
> I am NOT a VoIP guru.  I am NOT an Asterisk guru.  I am NOT a telephony
> guru.  Take that as a disclaimer for the information below, as well as to
> say that the best learning comes from reading anything you can get your
> hands on.  The idea of "post any question to the mailing list" works well
> with 10 people.  It scales horribly.  Reading through the archives, you
> will see the same questions asked (and answered) over and over.  At _some_
> point, it's okay to say "I've answered it 15 times, YOU can go look it
> up on YOUR time".  Besides, I'd rather spend 3 hours looking for the
> answer than just ask my question, because I hate looking like an idiot.
>
> This isn't a flame, nor a sarcastic, snide response.  I don't want to
> complain about people asking "what is a ____" if I've never made an
> attempt to answer that question for someone.

GREAT stuff! Thank you very much. I was very pleased to see that you took time to describe all of the "T1/E1/VOIP/SIP/FreeWorld/H.232/X100P/PBX/FXO/FXS/channel bank" stuff I put down. I hope this thread will end up in the hands of a new newbie and can help...

Thank you all for helping. I had to say something and I felt this list (the people) could handle my comments. I'm glad to see that I was correct.

For my part, I will try to stop top posting and dig alot deaper into the archives. I realy do want to learn this.