[Asterisk-Users] CDR of calls transferred via IAX[2]

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Thu Sep 18 14:36:02 MST 2003

Ciao lele.

that's a good question. Of course I don't know an answer (yet).
anyone does?
anyway, here's some comments:

> * one could pass via IAX a uniqueid when i transfer the call, and have this
> unique id logged in the CDR records. This way any call segment pertaining to
> the same phone call can be correlated for cdr purpose.
nice, but that way we have to join 2 records for a real name... what
happens when the switch & gateway are 'very remote'

> * one could have the gateway allow trusted sources (the "switch") to set via
> IAX the "accountcode" when transferring the call, and log it as an
> "originalaccountcode" or even the "accountcode" itself in the cdr.
> This way every cdr record in the network will have a reference to the actual
> customer that made that event happen.
I would stay on that, but without adding another cdr field
(originalaccountcode), but simply, since we don't mind 'bout the
user as we authenticate from the switch statement, just get the
accountcode from the originating switch,so I agree with you.
Seems also the simplest way to do that.
I would add a sort of @switch in the accountcode, so my user 'caller'
will be added to the cdr (of the gateway) as 'caller@<switch_name>'
in order to be able to know that the user originated from a remote
machine. if the accountcode hasn't the @<swicth_name> part, means
that the user is local.

> * one could devise some way to give back from the "gateway" to the transferrer
> (the "switch") an indication that the call has ended, with that many
> billable_seconds. (can this be done? i do not see it that simple...)
> This way the switch would have all the cdr info in one cdr row.
that means a connection back. I would discard that

> thanks
> lele

of course, only my 2 cents ;)

--