[Asterisk-Users] SIP, X-Lite

Lars Fredriksson lars at fredriksson.net
Thu Sep 18 10:20:34 MST 2003

Hi folks!

I bought a X100P a while ago and know I've tried to get it working here at
home again ... but I can't manage to get my X-Lite client working with
Asterisk (CVS from a day ago) ...

I've downloaded the latest version of X-Lite and I believe that I've set it
up correctly ;-) But I cant get it to register with my Asterisk - I only
get "Login timed out, contact your network admin ...". But, I can call
voicemail and other SIP clients anyway - I can call voicemail and other SIP
clients even if I enter a username that is not existing in my sip.conf???

The only error message I get in my Asterisk console is;
"
NOTICE[81926]: File chan_sip.c, Line 5119 (handle_request): Registration
from '<sip:7101 at 192.168.5.1>' failed for '192.168.5.10'
"

192.168.5.1 is the Asterisk server and 192.168.5.10 is my client.

Below is my sip.conf - is there anyone that can ponit out what I've done
wrong I would be very, very, very happy ;-)
Maybe an short description in what I would enter where in the X-Lite
configuration wouldn't hurt ...

Thanks for any help!

Best regards Lars Fredriksson, Sweden

[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 192.168.5.1          ; Address to bind to
context = default               ; Default for incoming calls
;srvlookup = yes                ; Enable SRV lookups on outbound calls
;pedantic = yes                 ; Enable slow, pedantic checking for
Pingtel
;tos=lowdelay
;tos=184
;maxexpirey=3600                ; Max length of incoming registration we
allow
;defaultexpirey=120             ; Default length of incoming/outoing
registrati
;notifymimetype=text/plain      ; Allow overriding of mime type in NOTIFY
;videosupport=yes               ; Turn on support for SIP video
;disallow=all                   ; Disallow all codecs
;allow=ulaw                     ; Allow codecs in order of preference
;allow=ilbc
;
;register => 1234 at mysipprovider.com     ; Register with a SIP provider
;register => 2345 at mysipprovider.com/1234 ; Register 2345 at sip provider as