[Asterisk-Users] Radio for Music on Hold?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 09:24:57 MST 2003

You can't legally do this.  At least no here in the
US.
The music being bradcast by the station may not
legally be re-broadcast.  Yes many people do this and
yess thay also download copywritten MP3 files.

Call any radio station and ASK THEM if it is OK don't
trust some e-mail list.  Who knows maybe they won't
care what you do but they do have to pay  for the
rights to broadcast music and teir payment does
notcover re-broadcast.

Tell your client that some callers put on hold may
know about the above and "radio on hold" would make
the company look at best ignorent.

Yesterday I called a company, was put on hold and
heard the local govenment weather radio broadcast.
This was smart and legal too.

> I have a client who is interested in using a
> radio for the music on
> hold, since that is what they did with their old
> phone system.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com