[Asterisk-Users] Possible FAQ: IAX2 -> SIP with G729 and no licence

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 08:07:40 MST 2003

Assuming I've got a setup where calls entering Asterisk on SIP leave on IAX2
( and the reverse), i.e. a SIP user might dial '1234' where we then have

extern => 1234,1,Dial(IAX2/somewhereelse)

Now, we don't have any G.729 functionality on this server, so what happens
if the SIP user calls with G.729 only available?

Assuming the remote IAX2 server does have G.729 can it be passed through to
it?

Linus