[Asterisk-Users] documentation?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Sep 18 07:14:51 MST 2003

>-=> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:01:34 -0600, Rich Adamson
><radamson at routers.com> said:
>
>>  Examples,
>>  Where should I have learned that *8# is the call pickup dialing sequence?
>
>A good question.  I didn't know about any of them until James Sizemore
>posted this handy list on Sept.8:
>
>*0#  sends flash
>*8#  remote call pickup (pickup phone in your group)
>*67# disable caller id
>*70# no call waiting
>*78# do not disturb on
>*79# do not disturb off
>*72# enable call forwarding
>*73# disable call forwarding
>*82# enable callerid
>
>All news to me. :) I do a lot of google searching on the Asterisk
>archives:
>   http://www.google.com/custom?sitesearch=lists.digium.com

There are some fairly rational reasons to see some of these elements
removed from chan_zap and made into non-channel-specific applications.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000071

>[snip]
>There are some inconsistencies that will probably work themselves out
>over time, like the whole:
>  App,arg1,arg2
>  App(arg1|arg2)
>  App(arg1,arg2)
>
>I can't quite figure out if some things still *require* the vertical
>pipe, like going to another extensions:
>
>   400 => Goto(139343234|1)
[snip]

...and there are people who would like to see this standardized, too,
since everyone stumbles across the same problems as you describe
above.

http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000274

JT