[Asterisk-Users] iaxComm - IAX client for Win32

Michael Van Donselaar mvand at neb.rr.com
Wed Sep 17 11:59:33 MST 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:27:25 +0200, Florian Overkamp <florian at obsimref.com>
wrote:

>At 19:55 16-9-2003 -0500, you wrote:
>>iaxclient.sourceforge.net is the home of Steve Kann's crossplatform port
>>of the
>>iax library.
>>
>>iaxComm is a client written in c++ using wxWindows.  There is a Win32
>>binary on
>>the site.  I think that it should be compilable on Linux and MacOSX, but can't
>>test it.
>>
>>Feedback is welcome.
>
>Well, this looks like a big improvement, but I cant seem to find the option
>to register at the asterisk server. Is it impossible, or am I missing it ?
>Would be a hefty requirement for real use, I think...

It automatically registers with all asterisk servers that have been configured
in the Options|Directory dialog.  I dial out and register from two different
servers.

I previously had an "auto register" checkbox, but changed to registering all
servers when I moved the servers list from a listcontrol to a combobox.  I'm
thinking that you would want to register with any server through which you may
want to make outbound calls.

When the servers are read from the registry, they are read in alphabetical
order, and registration is attempted in that order.  (The order may be different
on other platforms).  You should see "Registration accepted" in the status bar
after the last server is registered.