[Asterisk-Users] LineJack + Asterisk HELP!

Grzegorz Nosek blackfire at o2.pl
Wed Sep 17 09:52:02 MST 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:06:35 -0300, Bartosz Jozwiak wrote
> Hello,
>
> I have kernel-source-2.4.20.tar.gz
> and I untar this on. Should I try it once again with tar.bz2
> ? I am ranning the same kernel for sure.

so where's your kernel source (unpacked)? make a symlink from the
directory to /usr/src/linux (ln -sf /usr/src/my-kernel-dir
/usr/src/linux) just in case and do a:
ls -l /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
make sure it points to your true kernel source. if it doesn't, you're
*not* running the kernel you're trying to compile for.

if i were you, i'd:
* download a fresh vanilla 2.4.22 kernel
* untar/bz2 it in /usr/src
* make a link from linux-2.4.22 to linux
* d/l and install openwall maybe? :)
* make menuconfig &c.
* install the kernel (remember lilo.conf & lilo if you use it!)
* reboot to the new kernel
* do whatever you desire w/the driver

hth,
 grzegorz nosek