[Asterisk-Users] re: call center design question

McAughan, Matt MMcAughan at synhrgy.com
Wed Sep 17 09:12:33 MST 2003

If Rememdy is web based use "screen-scraping". Pass the information from
Asterisk to the desktop PC using any of the methods mentioned in this
thread. Then launch the URL, navigate to the user search URL, populate the
fields required with the data sent, simulate a submit click, and presto the
caller data is on the screen.

In a Windows environment this is easily accomplished with IE using the DOM
or a browser control. For Asterisk use any of the data pass methods
described in this thread and perhaps Netscape but screen scraping is your
answer to interfacing any web based app.

Example code for Windows....

	public sub event_incomingcall(strCallerId)

		set objBrowser = new
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

		objBrowser.Navigate("http://yourticketsystem/index.htm")

		' simulate a user login
		objBrowser.Document.Forms(1).username.value = "user"
		objBrowser.Document.Forms(1).password.value = "password"
		objBrowser.Document.Forms(1).submit.click()

		' click the search button
		objBrowser.Document.Forms(1).search.click()

		' enter the search info
		objBrowser.Document.Forms(1).phonenumber.value = strCallerId
		objBrowser.Document.Forms(1).submit.click()

		' scrape complete caller data on screen

	end sub