[Asterisk-Users] Re: ISDN BRI active adapters with NT mode - any alternatives ?

Jean-Marc V. Liotier jim at jipo.com
Wed Sep 17 02:23:34 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 22:22, Klaus-Peter Junghanns wrote:
> Am Die, 2003-09-16 um 18.05 schrieb Louis-David Mitterrand:
> > Now I have no idea if * supports plugging ISDN phones in the Diva. AFAIK
> > it's not supported by chan_capi, but that may change.
>
> Yes, that may change. I will check with Eicon headquarters what the NT
> mode support in the BRI cards is about.

Please keep us posted : I'm about to buy a Diva Server 4BRI and
connecting ISDN phones (actually DECT base stations) is a critical
capability; my project is a no go without it.

> And if somebody out there feels like sponsoring an Eicon BRI, so i can
> add support for it to chan_capi i wouldnt mind taking it ;-) (a place
> in the capi hall of fame will be yours) ;-)

I had a hard time convincing management to fund the purchase of just one
card for an experiment with Asterisk, so I guess I'm not going to be the
one to sponsor one. But the development server is going to get a public
IP address and an excellent symmetrical DSL connectivity, so if you want
to play with that card I will gladly open an account with root
privileges for you on that machine and do the local testing that you
need.