[Asterisk-Users] MusicOnHold (MOH) silent on BudgeTone-100 only.

Steve Haehnichen s-asterisk at trix.com
Tue Sep 16 18:20:14 MST 2003

-=> On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 07:25:42 -0600, Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> said:

> 1. music on hold does not require any "exten => 302,1,..." commands
> at all. Once moh is defined in the musiconhold.conf file, it seems
> to work on all extentions without additional per-extension
> definitions.

Thanks for explaining that (basic) detail.  I didn't realize that --
instead figuring I had to tie a MoH Extension into each priority
sequence as needed.

Like you said, MOH seems to have 'blessed' all phones now.  Putting
any call on hold gets the music.

I wish I had a follow-up resolution to share, but this form of on-hold
MoH works fine with my (local) Grandstream phones.  It's just the
direct-dialed music-only extension that does not.  I can live with
that.  I'll see if I can poke around a bit more in the configuration
relating to redirects, or I could be configuring the extension
incorrectly.

Thanks Rich for the clear and helpful post.

-Steve