[Asterisk-Users] Analog FXO Card

Steve Haehnichen s-asterisk at trix.com
Tue Sep 16 00:17:33 MST 2003

-=> On 15 Sep 2003 11:09:38 -0600, tom <landslide_x at comcast.net> said:

> And interestingly, the Digium card looks a lot like a product sold
> by Tigerjet, called the Personal Phone Gateway. I'm purely
> speculating on this, but Digium could have used Tigerjet's reference
> design for their own board.

That's kindof how the industry goes.  No point in rehashing designs or
trying to beat volume manufacturers at their own game.

The FCC Reg# on the board is for AMIGO Technology Co of Taiwan.
I'm guessing the FXO board is a lot like an "AMI-IA92":
  http://www.amigo.com.tw/products/modem/AMIIA92_IE92.htm

You can zoom in here:
  http://www.amigo.com.tw/catalogue/Modem.pdf

The same right down to the "AMI-IA92/IE92" on the FXO silkscreen. :)

I don't see any point in keeping the origin some kind of secret.  I
paid Digium my $99 and got great value.  But if I ever need a Windows
driver or something, it's good to know I can search for TigerJet or
Amigo.

-Steve