[Asterisk-Users] Talking to other SIP hosts, wrong IP

Shaun Ewing asterisk at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Mon Sep 15 19:35:36 MST 2003

As per my problem yesterday with the Cisco 7960 and getting it talking to
Asterisk on a different subnet, I gave up trying and just put the Asterisk
box back on the internal subnet.

However, I made two changes:

- the external IP address is set on an ethernet alias eth0:0
- the main Linux router will change outgoing requests from 10.1.1.2 to the
external IP (rather than the default behaviour of NAT)  - this seems to work
fine in testing.

However, I've been trying to register with FWD.

If I set the default gateway to be 10.1.0.1, Asterisk tries to register with
"Contact: <sip:xxxxx at 10.1.1.2>" (xxxxx = FWD number). Naturally FWD doesn't
like this.

If I set the default gateway to be the public IP, Asterisk tries to regster
with "Contact: <sip:xxxxx at 127.0.0.1>".

Does anybody know of a way I can tell external SIP gateways that I'm
@203.x.x.x whilst leaving the internal @10.1.1.2 ?

-Shaun