[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Source? [Nikotel]

Steve Haehnichen s-asterisk at trix.com
Mon Sep 15 15:20:54 MST 2003

-=> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:07:39 +0200, Michael Koehler <koehler at nikotel.com> said:

> You get a Budgetone for free at Nikotel if you charge your account
> there with 100 bucks. The nikotel service works with *, even behind
> nat

I second that.  The Nikotel folks have been very nice, and I did get
the free phone.  I'm posting my Nikotel config below for anyone who
wants it.  It works, but there is a slight (2-second?) delay in
passing audio, so I sometimes don't hear the first "Hello" from a
called party.

Right now, wholesale.voicepulse.com has the same pre-paid Domestic US
rates ($0.03), a small $10.00 minimum, no monthly fee, and best of
all: IAX support.  I'm getting faster connections with voicepulse IAX
than Nikotel SIP, but I could be doing something wrong.

-Steve

-----

; { sip.conf }

;; Register with Nikotel
register  => myname:mypass at calamar0.nikotel.com/nikotel

[nikotel]
context = incoming
type = friend
secret = mypass
auth = md5
username = myname
fromuser = myname;   "IMPORTANT! Nikotel requires this!"
host = calamar0.nikotel.com

-----

; { extensions.conf }

[globals]