[Asterisk-Users] T1 PRI

tony mancill asterisk at mancill.com
Mon Sep 15 15:13:44 MST 2003

> I have a T1 PRI from the telco and have been trying to get it to work
> with the wildcard T400P.
>
> I know framing and coding is esf and b8zs.  what else should I be
> putting into the zaptel.conf and zapata.conf.
>
> Dave Anderson

I've got basically the same question.  After building everything, I edited
zaptel.conf to include:

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us

Then, after:

        modprobe wct4xxp

in dmesg, you'll see something like:

Found TE410P at base address fe3ffc00, remapped to f8977c00
TE410P version c01a003a
FALC version: 00000005, Board ID: 00
Reg 0: 0x2edfd800
Reg 1: 0x2edfd000
Reg 2: 0x07fc07fc
Reg 3: 0x00000000
Reg 4: 0x00000000
Reg 5: 0x00000000
Reg 6: 0xc01a003a
Reg 7: 0x00001000
Reg 8: 0x00000000
Reg 9: 0x00ff0000
Reg 10: 0x00000000
TE410P: Launching card: 0
TE410P: Setting up global serial parameters
TE410P: Timing from source 0
Found a Wildcard: Wildcard TE410P-Xilinx
Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)
TE410P: Span 1 configured for ESF/B8ZS

(I also noticed that you can use /sbin/ztcfg to reread /etc/zaptel.conf
after it's been changed.)

So far, I figured I was on the right path.  So then I edited zapata.conf
to include:

switchtype=4ess
signalling=pri_cpe
group = 1
channel => 1-23

However, I can no longer start asterisk.  It doesn't seem to like the
signalling, spitting out the following on startup:

..
 [chan_zap.so] => (Zapata Telephony)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
WARNING[1024]: File chan_zap.c, Line 6890 (load_module): Ignoring switchtype
ERROR[1024]: File chan_zap.c, Line 6834 (load_module): Unknown signalling
method 'pri_cpe'
ERROR[1024]: File chan_zap.c, Line 6603 (load_module): Signalling must be
specified before any channels are.
WARNING[1024]: File loader.c, Line 301 (ast_load_resource): chan_zap.so:
load_module failed, returning -1
WARNING[1024]: File loader.c, Line 396 (load_modules): Loading module
chan_zap.so failed!

Any information on how to get futher would be greatly appreciated.  None
of the examples I've been able to find seem to be geared towards ISDN
DS1s.

Thanks,
tony