[Asterisk-Users] X100P & T100P knock-off boards

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Sep 15 13:53:05 MST 2003

> Do they fall under FCC certification if they're built to the same
> specifications as the ones from Digium?  If I build my own T100Ps from the
> schematics and board layouts that are available, are they legal to plug
> into the PSTN?

Relax guys... what Mark was suggesting is the board is not built specifically
by Digium. (At least half of the ethernet switches on the market are not
designed or manufactured by the company name that's on the face of the box,
nor are a number of phones, router cards, cell phones, etc. The practice
is very common in the electronics industry. Don't be alarmed.)

If you want * to continue, buy Digium's hardware, otherwise go buy a Nortel
pbx or cards from ebay.

I just bought some of Digium's cards and I'm happy regardless of who
manufactured them! :)