[Asterisk-Users] Analog FXO Card

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Mon Sep 15 11:09:54 MST 2003

> The X100P also has 2 ports on it. The second port is just like that used
> on a modem, pass through unless onhook, then usually disconnected. The
> speaker is what is odd to me.

For the record, you can turn on the speaker by doing "monitor=1" when you
modprobe wcfxo, e.g.:

# modprobe wcfxo monitor=1

As for the remainder of the discussion of potential clone hardware, let me
keep my statements very brief and to the point.

When you purchase a product from Digium, you're getting more than a piece
of hardware.

First, when you buy from us, you know it's going to work.  All we do is
Asterisk, and when we sell any piece of hardware, it *will* work with
Asterisk and you *will* get the support your need (including replacement
should there be a problem).

Secondly, Asterisk's future is clearly very closely coupled to that of
Digium.  When you purchase from us, you are investing in the future of the
product you are using.  Digium is obviously the primary sponsor of
Asterisk, and our (and to a great degree Asterisk's) ability to succeed is
based on how well we can earn customer loyalty by advancing development
and providing high quality support, even in the face of competitors who
may try to copy our work without giving to the project.  More than any
telecom company ever has, we are putting our fate in the hands of you, the
community, by throwing out the conventional wisdom regarding intellectual
property, and in the long run it is *you* and *your loyalty* that will
make or break our success.

Mark